3rd Annual Energy and Sustainability Extravaganza on February 24, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington, DC, February 16, 2017
The Association of Energy Engineers National Capital Chapter (AEE NCC) and Leaders in Energy will join forces with the Environmental and Energy Management Institute at The George Washington University (GWU) for the 3rd annual Energy & Sustainability Extravaganza. The Extravaganza will be held at the Science and Engineering Hall at The George Washington University, 800 22nd St NW, Washington, DC 20052 on Friday, February 24, 2017 from 11:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Colleges and Universities are ethically and financially committing to long term plans for campus and system-wide sustainability, energy efficiency measures, renewable energy generation. Green buildings, smart infrastructure, co-generation plants, microgrids, grid flexibility and carbon neutral have become the topics of conversation for administrators, facility managers, and students.
The Extravaganza has three major components and opportunities for networking:
- AEE NCC Council on Women in Energy and Environmental Leadership (CWEEL) Luncheon Panel on “Career Perspectives in Sustainable Solutions” (11 am – 1:45 pm).
- Leaders in Energy “Sustainable Solutions for Tomorrow’s Campuses” Showcase (2:00 – 5:30 pm)
- Networking Reception (6 – 8 pm) catered by Purple Onion in conjunction with Green Drinks DC and hosted by GWU
Come for one or more components. Better yet, join us for the entire day!
AEE NCC CWEEL Luncheon Panel
- 11:30 Luncheon
- 12:30 Panel on: “Career Perspectives in Sustainable Solutions” which will feature
the work of successful women professionals along with their career tips for those who wish to enter and/or transition into this field.
Leaders in Energy Showcase
- 2:00 Registration and Solutions Display Tables Open
- 2:30 Welcome (includes comments by Dr. David S. Dolling, Dean, School of Engineering and Applied Sciences, George Washington University)
- 2:40 University Solutions Panel, Moderated by Julian Dautremont-Smith, Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education
- 3:30 Break
- 3:40 Sponsor Solutions Panel, Moderated by Dr. Nandini Mouli, eSai Consulting
- 4:40 Town Hall Discussion on Tomorrow’s Campuses, Moderated by Robin Robinson, Pacific NW National Laboratory
Leaders in Energy Networking Reception
- 6:00 Networking Reception, catered by Purple Onion in conjunction with Green Drinks DC and hosted by GWU
- 8:00 Adjourn
This event is tailored for college/university clean energy and sustainability facility managers, clean energy and sustainability procurement managers, industry professionals, and students. Sponsors include Carrier, DC Sustainable Energy Utility, Industrial Ecosystem, Johnson Controls, MeteoViva, Nissan LEAF EV, SolGreen Solutions, ThermaXX, VMDO, Water Management.
Leaders in Energy
email us here
They have also posted press releases on some of the exciting speakers at the Extravaganza, including Marilyn Waite, who leads the energy practice at Village Capital, and Dr. Teresa Pohlman, Director, Sustainability and Environmental Programs at Headquarters, Department of Homeland Security.