Become a member
How to Become a Leaders in Energy Member
1. Join Leaders in Energy here. This will add you to our mailing list. This is currently no charge to be a Leaders in Energy member.
2. Join our group on LinkedIn to connect with 3000+ clean energy and sustainability professionals in the Washington DC area, the US, and in over 100 countries. (Click here to join as member; “Leaders in Energy Research, Communications, Policies & Analysis LinkedIn Group”). This forum provides for the exchange of knowledge among practitioners and those who are passionate about these issues.
–Follow us on Twitter @LeadersinEnergy to connect with other current and aspiring leaders and professionals and provide you with increased professional visibility.
Benefits of Being a Leaders in Energy Member
- ATTEND events, including workshops, to connect with others in the region in your areas of interest and/or expertise;
- LEAD an event as an organizer or speaker to promote your particular area of interest and/or expertise;
- Gain key visibility as a leader by SPONSORING a Leaders in Energy event.
We Help Our Members Connect with One Another to:
- Explore employment opportunities;
- Discuss potential business partnering;
- Identify potential speaking engagements and upcoming professional conferences; and
- Network with other leaders and professionals with similar strategic interests.
See the diagram below with examples of our member and stakeholder community.
Our Leadership Community is Growing
- During the past years, we have seen tremendous growth in our organization. We have over 3,000 members from around the world in our group on LinkedIn. In addition, Leaders in Energy has approximately 1,500 members on its mailing list in the Washington DC Metro area.
- The group develops and exchanges information and ideas through its educational and professional networking on-line and in-person events on energy, environmental, and sustainability topics to enable and create a sustainable energy system, economy, and world.
- Our members hail from Washington DC, other parts of the United States, and many other countries around the world.
What We Do for Our Members and the “Greater Good”/World:
- Serve as a conduit for aspiring leaders and interested professionals to connect with leaders, companies, and other venues that can help them to gain the requisite professional development and experience to contribute and transition to livelihoods that are restorative and regenerative for the planet rather than extractive and destructive (e,g,, Green Jobs event where members who had found green jobs via our group provide advice and tips to others seeking employment and green careers);
- Utilize on-line platforms and in-person meeting venues to help connect members on green job, business, research, and project opportunities, e.g., website, LinkedIn group, Google Hangout conversations to connect other leaders from across the globe;
- Provide forums for leaders in clean energy and sustainability to be heard by those aspiring to make similar impacts;
- Generate recaps of our education events, discuss developments in technology and related policies in this arena, provide thought leadership articles; and
- Conduct professional and educational networking events in addition to workshops involving, e.g., hands-on/real world. We have conducted several workshops on the Circular Economy including one at the Alexandria Renew wastewater treatment plant and most recently at the University of District of Columbia (September 2017) to develop an Action Framework for the Circular Economy in the Washington DC region in addition to our ongoing Circular Economy Working Group which meets every fourth Wednesday of the month. Learn more here.