4 Generation Nominations for 2016
Seeking Your Nominations!
Leaders in Energy presents…
“Sparking the Passion in Others!”
Our annual awards celebrating Four Generations of
Leaders in Clean Energy & Sustainable Solutions
The Four Generations of Leaders in Clean Energy & Sustainable Solutions Awards honor contributions being made by people of all ages, across the generations, in the clean energy and sustainability arena. We know that leadership and innovation have no age limit. When people – young and old, and in between – work together for good, amazing things happen!
This year Four Generations of Leaders is all about Sparking the Passion in Others. We’re honoring the people who have inspired others, who inspired movements, or innovation and change.
Do you know someone like this? Who inspired you? We want to hear from you! And, yes, you can nominate yourself!
Four awards will be given – one for each generation: Millennial, Gen X, Baby Boomer and World War II.
To nominate someone for this award, here’s what we need from you…
Write to us with the following information:
- How is the nominee sparking the passion in others to carry out and implement clean energy and sustainable solutions through their leadership and inspiration?
- What significant contribution or impact in clean energy and sustainability has the nominee made?
Here are examples of potential achievements, for illustrative purposes, which demonstrate Sparking the Passion in Others.
- Inspired and enabled others leading to sustainable solutions and implementation practices, incorporating more sustainable practices in their lives, etc.
- Produced social/economic benefits, e.g., clean energy /sustainability job training programs that offer educational opportunities, reduce poverty, etc.
- Developed a clean energy solution and/or innovation which had a dramatic impact on business, an organization or a goal.
- Developed new clean energy tools and approaches, e.g., pioneer in bioenergy, water, solar, wind, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), or an invention of new forms of research/measurement.
- Created a new business or organization in clean energy related to technology and/or social innovation.
- Implemented sustainable supply chain and related purchasing practices in their organizations that made an impact and also educated others in leading by example.
- Increased the clean energy and sustainability profile, influence, or impact and served to inspire and educate others.
3) Please specify the generation for your nominee.
- World War II – 1927-1945
- Baby Boomer – 1946-1964
- Gen X – 1965-1980
- Millennial – 1981-2000
- Anyone can nominate an individual in the clean energy and sustainability space for the 4 Gen awards. You do not have to be a member of Leaders in Energy in order to submit a nomination. You can also nominate yourself and submit more than one nomination. The nominee must be able to attend the 4 Gen event, should they be given the award.
- In the nomination, it should come across clearly how the nominee led and inspired others to act and make changes pertaining to clean energy and sustainability.
- Other criteria that may influence the decision of our panel include: projects that resulted in lessons learned and/or new tools and approaches, lessons that the candidate could bring to benefit the audience, insight on the decisions-making process and leadership, and experience in handling adverse situations; and inclusivity in terms of ethnic diversity and gender.
- Send an email with the name of your nominee, along with responses to the three points above on why you feel they should be nominated, to: email@example.com (or click here to fill out an electronic form to submit the nomination).
- Nominations must be received by 10/26/16, by 5pm, EST.
Learn about the 2015 winners of the 4 Gen award here.
October 26, 2016, 5 pm EST: Deadline for submission of nominations
November 14, 2016: Nominees and honorable mentions will be notified of selection.
December 2, 2016, 6-9 pm in Arlington (Crystal City), Virginia: 4 Gen Winners will be recognized at the Leaders in Energy 4 Gen Award and Holiday Event
Four Generations of Leaders who are sparking the passion in others will be honored at our Leaders in Energy event which will take place on Friday, December 2, 2016, from 6-9 pm in Crystal City, Arlington, VA. Our 4 Generation awardees will share their personal stories on how they inspired others and made an impact. Come to this event to hear what these leaders have done to make a difference and how you can learn from them to take similar initiatives in your professional and personal lives to make a positive difference in clean energy and sustainability.
We are also seeking interested sponsors and partnering organizations to join us for this event.
Crystal Gateway Complex
1300 Crystal Drive
Arlington, VA 22202