Nomination of Four Generations of Leaders in Clean Energy and Sustainable Solutions: 2017
NOTE: We are delighted with the nominations that we have received! Our Nominating Committee will be commencing its deliberations. Stayed tuned for our announcement of the FOUR GEN Awardees in the near future. REGISTER HERE for our Four Generations Awards and Holiday Event which will take place on Friday, December 1, from 6-9 pm, at the Crystal Gateway Complex in Arlington, VA. As our event will be held on a Friday night which is often a “date” night, we are offering a special arrangement where you can bring a guest for 50% off the price of a general admission ticket.
“We are now faced with the fact that tomorrow is today. We are confronted with the fierce urgency of now. In this unfolding conundrum of life and history, there “is” such a thing as being too late. This is no time for apathy or complacency. This is a time for vigorous and positive action.” ― Martin Luther King, Jr.
“This book is about a seemingly narrow issue – creating a high enough sense of urgency among a large enough group of people….” ― A Sense of Urgency, John Kotter, one of top writers on leadership from the Harvard Business School
Leaders in Energy is seeking to recognize multigenerational leaders in the workplace, e.g., Millennial, Gen X, Baby Boomer, and Traditionalist/World War II leaders at its 4th annual Four Generations Awards and Holiday event. Our theme this year is “The Urgency of Now.” We will honor those people who have fearless ideas and are taking bold action to help our society make a transformational shift via clean energy and sustainable solutions to create a future that is more in balance with nature and planetary ecology and to help move our society toward the goal of a more sustainable economy and community.
Leaders in Energy is focused on the following core areas:
- Green jobs, careers and entrepreneurs
- Sustainable communities (including the circular economy)
- Green economy/finance
- Multigenerational Leadership
The Urgency of Now
Almost daily, we hear disturbing news about how we are pushing the boundaries of our planetary life support systems. In 2017, this became more apparent than ever with multiple mega storms, droughts, and wildfires. At the same time, we read about exciting technological developments that are driving prices down, e.g., solar, micro-turbines, fuel cells, algae production for fuels and to absorb carbon, etc. Entrepreneurs are leading the charge forward in the green economy.
Seeking transformational shifts to a more sustainable society
- How can our society pivot to unleash and foster transformational change that creates an economy that is in balance with nature?
- How can we get more people working in and creating clean/green economy jobs and enterprises?
- How can we grow these business, economic development, and entrepreneurship opportunities locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally?
The Four Generations Award
This year, we will honor those people who are helping to raise awareness, educate, and taking action to help our society make a transformational shift to align its activities in greater harmony with Earth’s ecological systems.
Four awards will be given – one for each generation: Millennial, Gen X, Baby Boomer and World War II. To nominate someone for this award, here’s what we need from you…
We are seeking the following information:
- What significant contribution or impact in clean energy and sustainability has the nominee made?
- How is the nominee creating a sense of urgency to carry out and implement clean energy and sustainable solutions through their leadership and inspiration?
- Please specify the generation for your nominee.
- World War II (1927-1945)
- Baby Boomer (1946- 1964)
- Gen X (1965- 1980)
- Millennial (1981-2000)
Anyone can nominate an individual in the clean energy and sustainability space for the 4 Gen awards. You do not have to be a member of Leaders in Energy in order to submit a nomination. You can also nominate yourself and submit more than one nomination. Help us to find these leaders by nominating those individuals who are working to help address this issue of urgency. We are searching across all fields including think tanks, authors, academia, NGOs, industry, government (local, state, federal), entrepreneurs, bilateral/multilateral organizations, philanthropists, and involved citizens.
The nomination period is now closed.
NOTE: Winners must be present to attend Four Generations event and will present an 8-minute talk on their work.
- November 1, 2017: 5 pm EDT Deadline for the submission of nominations
- November 14, 2017: Nominees and honorable mentions will be notified of selection,
- December 1, 2017: 6-9 pm in Arlington (Crystal City), Virginia: 4 Gen Winners will be recognized at the Leaders in Energy 4 Gen Award and Holiday Event
- Third annual Four Generations Awards (December 2, 2016)
- Second annual Four Generations Awards(December 4, 2015)
- Leading Through Adversity: Insights from a Clean Energy & Sustainability LeaderBy Carla Fleming
- Managing difficult change in large energy organizations: Catching up with Josh SilvermanBy Travis High
- The Thread Connecting Generations: Catching up with Elenor HodgesBy Travis High
- Necessity Leads to New VenturesBy Shira Harrington