Join us for these popular Green Career Workshops. More than 200 registrants have attended these programs to date. Co-hosted by Leaders in Energy and Waterford, Inc.
1) Green Career Workshop 2.0: What’s the Best “Fit” for Your Career Path?
Saturday, April 10, from 1:30-5:00pm EST online via Zoom
This workshop builds on the insights and practices from the Leaders in Energy Green Career Workshop 1.0 and we encourage you to take this workshop as a prerequisite, although it is not required.
Participants will be asked to bring their Green Career Plan, developed in the Green Career Workshop, as a foundation for the Green Career 2.0 workshop.
You’re on the path to landing the Green Job you want. Career assets identified — check. Green economy sectors that you want to work in — check. Green career plan — check.
But it’s not enough to have a plan — taking action is key to making your Green Job a reality. Our Green Career Workshop 2.0 provides you with tools to guide you in the next step on your actionable career plan.
In this workshop you will:
- Identify your specific area or areas of specialization as a Green Leader
- Complete activities that guide you in identifying the technical, managerial, and individual leadership competencies – the knowledge, skills, and abilities – that you need to be successful in your area or areas of specialty
- Develop, or further hone, a strategy for moving your career along your chosen career path, based on your career level
- Identify how to assess potential employers on a five-part scale for “fit” with your career path
- Network with fellow Green Leaders who can be a career resource for you
- Engage in group discussion about the market needs and trends around your career as a Green Leader
- Review useful resources
We will network with others about our mutual career journeys, focus on what inspires you as a Green Leader and the marketplace needs/opportunities right now, and identify the next steps you need to take on your career goals.