Leaders in Energy Recognizes Four Generations of Leaders
Janine Finnell, Clean Energy Ambassador and Founder
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington, DC, November 20, 2015 – On Friday, December 4, 2015, Leaders in Energy will recognize four generations of advocates, entrepreneurs, and innovators who are impacting the clean energy and sustainability field at our second annual holiday event at The Bier Baron, Washington, D.C., from 5:30 p.m.-9:00 p.m. The awardees represent four generations in the workplace, World War II (1927-1945), Baby Boomer (1946-1964), Gen X (1965-1980), and Millinneials (1981-2000). Our theme this year is “Leading Through Adversity.”
- Shira Harrington, President and Founder of Purposeful Hire, is a noted career advisor. She will highlight the unique characteristics of professionals in the four generations and how they can more effectively communicate and work together as a team in the workplace.
Leaders in Energy 2015 4 Generation Awardees are:
- Bill Holmberg, American Council for Renewable Energy (ACORE). He is the World War II/Traditional Generation Awardee.
- Robert L. Wallace, CEO/Founder of BITHENERGY, Inc. He is the Baby Boomer Generation Awardee.
- Sonia Punjabi, DNV GL, industry expert in international environmental sustainability, green buildings, energy efficiency, zero energy, and high-performance buildings. She is the Gen X Generation Awardee.
- Timi Komonibo, Founder, Style Lottery, specializing in sustainable fashion. She is the Millennial Generation Awardee.
Awardees will share their stories on how they have achieved success by overcoming adversity in their careers. The leaders will explore how the challenges changed their organization, impacted the community, and how they found new approaches to meet these challenges.
Leaders in Energy is now part of the Circular Economy Network Map which is managed by the Ellen MacArthur Foundation. Leaders in Energy engages professionals who delight in thinking about, discussing, and collaborating on energy, environmental, and sustainability topics through online and in-person networking events. We seek to attract like-minded individuals who are passionate about dialoguing, collaborating, and seeking solutions to energy, environmental and sustainability challenges. Through its 1,800 + member LinkedIn group and monthly professional networking events in the Washington, DC area, the group collects and exchanges ideas and information to build a specialized network of professionals who are interested in making a difference through transformative leadership and actions.