“Four Generations” Award Winners Announced by Leaders in Energy
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WASHINGTON, DC, USA, November 13, 2017
On Friday, December 1st, Leaders in Energy will honor five women and men–aged 20s to 90s–who have made outstanding achievements in energy technology, economics, and policy; wide-ranging environmental education; and solar energy for domestic and international development.
Winners of the 4th annual Four Generations Awards will be recognized December 1st, 6:00 – 9:00 pm, at Crystal Gateway Complex, 1300 Crystal Drive, Crystal City, Arlington.
Nominated by members of Leaders in Energy and selected by our Leaders in Energy Four Generations Nominating Committee, the awardees are:
- Millennial: Camila Thorndike, Carbon Pricing Campaign Director, Chesapeake Climate Action Network, and activist in the “Put a Price on It” DC campaign in Washington, D.C.
- Gen X: Lori Arguelles, President and CEO of the Alice Ferguson Foundation in Maryland, which promotes environmental education for policymakers as well as students
- Baby Boomer: Kam Ghaffarian, Ph.D., Founder, X Energy, LLC, a nuclear reactor and fuel design engineering services company that is reinventing nuclear energy to be safer and more sustainable; and
- World War II/Traditionalist: Louise Meyer, Co-founder of Solar Household Energy, dedicated to enabling families in villages and refugee camps in developing countries to cook with solar energy as an alternative to foraging for firewood.
- In addition, Leaders in Energy will present a Lifetime Achievement Award to S. David Freeman, eco-pioneer and author. Freeman has provided progressive leadership to major public utilities coast to coast. Under President Jimmy Carter, he shaped an efficiency-based energy policy. His most recent books include All Electric America: A Climate Solution and the Hopeful Future and an autobiography entitled The Green Cowboy: An Energetic Life.
“We look forward to hearing from these accomplished and inspiring leaders on how they are raising awareness and developing clean energy and sustainable solutions, with a visible sense of urgency. In addition, we will be celebrating our 50th event!” said Janine Finnell, Executive Director of Leaders in Energy.
Event sponsors include Longenecker & Associates and Waterford, Inc; and “benefactors,” or supporting organizations, include Amicus Green Building Center, Green Leaders DC, International Society of Sustainability Professionals, Mili Salon, Potential Energy DC, and Resilient Virginia.
Leaders in Energy is a community of global engaged leaders advancing solutions for a sustainable energy system, economy, and world.
Leaders in Energy